The Primary Montessori Day School is a private, accredited, non-sectarian, co-educational school for children age two through nine years old dedicated to giving your child the social, academic, and leadership skills they need to reach their potential.
You CAN give your child the best, balanced education.
The Montessori method provides the opportunity for your child to develop independence, confidence, creativity, self-motivation, responsibility and academic competency. Montessori meet the needs of all children, while affording the freedom necessary to preserve each child’s uniqueness.
Academic programs designed for families that
want to learn, grow, and succeed.
The Primary Montessori Day School offers both full-day and half-day Montessori academic programs and before-care/after-care programs so parents can choose a schedule convenient for their family. Each program is designed to encourage your child’s love for learning, which helps them avoid many struggles that a traditional education environment presents.
An Authentic Montessori Experience.
- Our Montessori school is fully accredited by the American Montessori Society (AMS) at all levels (Twos, Primary, and Elementary).
- All of our classrooms have lead teachers with AMS, AMI, or MACTE approved post-graduate certification in the Montessori method.
- We are a non-profit organization, not a for-profit business “chain”, so we invest all tuition back into the school.
- We deliver the original, proven Montessori method.
- Our building was designed specifically for Montessori education – beautiful, home-like, and spacious bright classrooms.
Hear What Our Parents Say:
MARY M. | BETHESDA
“My son started at this school two years ago and has really flourished. The teachers all seem to be terrific and truly love what they do. He loves his classroom, friends, and talks about his teachers frequently.”
STEPHEN l. | WASHINGTON D.C.
“Lovely school. Nice teachers, great environment, and very well-run. Teachers attend on-going professional development and academics are top-notch. My daughter is 6 and has attended the school since age 2. I recommend the school to others frequently.”
LARRY T. | ROCKVILLE
“After 4 years at PMDS, I have only great things to say about this school. My son came into this school a little wild man and is leaving a confident, friendly, well-rounded child who LOVES school and learning.”
TRANSITIONING TO THE NEXT
STAGE OF EDUCATION
JIGI | ROCKVILLE
Find the Perfect Balance For Your Child’s Education
Conveniently located close to I-270 in Rockville, we serve families throughout Montgomery County, including Bethesda, Gaithersburg, and Germantown.