The Primary Montessori Day School is a private, non-sectarian, co-educational school for children age two (2) through nine (9) years old (Age 2 – Grade 3). It is a non-profit corporation, founded in 1998 on the premise that our schools are best in the hands of experienced educators. Thirty-four years of teaching the Montessori curriculum provide an extensive practical foundation for meeting the needs of young children and their parents. The school is approved by the Maryland State Board of Education and is a member of the American Montessori Society (AMS).
So what makes our school different than other Montessori schools?
Our school is located in a new building in North Potomac. It has been designed specifically for Montessori education. Many months of research has been done in determining the architectural details which provide comfortable, home-like classrooms and an environment conducive to the education of young children.
- Six beautiful, sunny, Montessori classrooms
- Large indoor/outdoor classroom
- Roomy playroom
- Full Montessori Library
- Large screened in porch area
- Direct access to outdoor play area from every classroom
- Bathroom access in each classroom (separate girls/boys)
- Quiet residential neighborhood
- Two acres of land
- Accessible to Rt.28/I-270 from Rockville, North Potomac, and local areas