A Montessori education brings out the individuality of every child, fostering their potential with an engaging and creative learning style. Through Montessori, children discover an appreciation of life and a respect for others that follows them into adulthood.
The advantages of this education platform include:
- Individualized learning plans: Through Montessori, your child is introduced to different ways of learning. The teacher treats each student as an individual, letting each one advance at their own pace and guiding their path along the way.
- Learning that focuses on each developmental stage: Without the one-size-fits-all academic environment, children develop a sense of independence and individual coordination. That self-regulation reinforces their desire to learn even at a young age.
- The feel of community: Montessori education includes a family-like environment. The classrooms are generally multi-age, allowing older students to work hand-in-hand with the younger ones to mentor their progress and serve as role models. The teachers supervise interactions to peacefully resolve conflicts.
- The value of cooperative play: A Montessori classroom is a student-guided environment. The students coordinate their play activities and learn to work together while exploring the various learning stations. This cooperative play instills a sense of respect and understanding of others.
- Self-assessment is part of the program: Children learn to be critical of their own work and practice self-correction. They habitually evaluate their individual assignments and pinpoint errors. This is a skill often lost in traditional education models but one our students take with them as they grow older.
- A sense of self-discipline: With self-assessment comes the need for self-discipline. Children educated the Montessori way set specific ground rules for themselves and work to achieve their personal goals. That sense of concentration and self-control increases their motivation and desire to learn.
- A curriculum that is hands-on: It is one of the best things about a Montessori education, your child gets to learn by doing even at an early age. This provides a concrete and easy to understand education as opposed to abstract and book-focused learning.