Stir and Satisfy Curiosity in Your 2 Year Old
Our Pre-Primary program is far more than childcare or a traditional classroom.
While your little ones will be in a safe, age-appropriate setting, they’ll also be able to satisfy his curiosity and learn about the world around them. Our unique approach to Montessori style learning for young preschoolers is designed to foster independent learning and satisfy the natural energy and curiosity of this age group.
Primary Montessori Day School’s Two’s program is specifically designed for this stage of development; a small class size, frequent bathroom breaks* and an environment created for exploration make it the ideal setting for your little one.
*Primary Montessori does NOT require that your 2-year-old child be potty trained.
Fostering Independent Learning Skills
Our Pre-Primary program introduces our youngest students to the Montessori method, exposing them to the self-directed and independent learning skills they’ll rely on in the coming years. We’ve created a program that strikes the perfect balance between support and comfort for those with emerging skills and challenges to keep your child growing and learning.
Some activities and areas covered in the Montessori class include:
- Practical Life Skills: Self-care and home care skills that will last a lifetime
- Sensory Activities: Exploring the world with all of the senses, and developing fine motor skills and problem-solving abilities. Fun games and activities help your child hone her fine and gross motor skills through play and exploration.
- Language and Communication Builders: Stories, songs, and games designed to build strong communication skills in a fun social setting.
- Early Math and Critical Thinking Skills: Counting, matching, sorting and other skills designed to help even small preschoolers learn about math concepts and build a foundation.
- Science and Nature Exploration: Exploring the natural world is at the heart of the Montessori method; your child will learn about the seasons, plants and animals via time spent outdoors and our innovative play materials.
- Hands on Art Experiences: The process, not the end product, is at the heart of our creative and flexible art program.
All of our classrooms and programs are designed to offer enhanced learning opportunities and to teach the independent thinking skills and exploration that will help your child succeed in the future. Our Two’s program is designed to offer extra encouragement and support for children separating from their parent for the first time and learning in a new setting.
See all the program options you can choose from.
What Parents say about Primary Montessori:
“My third child is currently attending PMDS and we have been a family of the school for the past 6.5 years. Each of my boys has started at ‘The Two’s’ program and then continued onto the 3-4-5 year old ‘Primary Classroom.’ My boys have always loved going to this school. The teachers and staff are very knowledgeable about child development and Montessori curriculum. The environment is very warm and friendly, and I feel the teachers and staff genuinely care for my children’s academic success and social development.”
—Kelley H., Potomac, MD
“My older son has attended PMDS since age three, my younger son since age two—based on our stellar experience with our older son). We have been at PMDS for 3 years now, and could not have wished for a better school. It is an understatement to say that they are dedicated to early education. I cannot think of a more warm and loving environment for a child to flourish. The faculty is incredible. From lead teachers to assistant teachers, to art and language teachers the dedication is consistent . The teachers are dedicated to each child’s individual advancement in learning. Work plans are child driven. They meet each child where they are. As a result, I have seen my children flourish beyond my expectations—academically and emotionally.”
—Sumi C., Potomac, MD