We are now open and enrolling for the 2020-2021 school year!
Unlike many schools, the Primary Montessori Day School’s building and classrooms were built and designed specifically for Montessori education – and allow us to be ideally positioned to meet and exceed CDC and MDOH guidelines for in-person learning this fall!
- Our classrooms are over 1000 sq. feet and feature high ceilings, maximum natural sunlight, and feature numerous windows that can open safely and easily for fresh air.
- All of our classrooms have large air purifiers that feature medical-grade HEPA filters, earth mineral pre-filters, and UV-C lights. They will provide 99.99% microorganism removal, kill bacteria, mold, viruses, and catch up to .3 microns.
- Each of our classrooms are setup like a small community – having access to everything needed already within (bathrooms, sinks, water, classroom, supplies, etc.).
- Furniture is all movable and classroom design allows for optimal arrangements.
- Every classroom has its own bathrooms for the children and sinks for routine hand-washing.
- Every child has a personal space for their own belongings.
- All children have direct access from their classroom to outdoor areas, with nature and fresh air connected to every classroom.
- Multiple playgrounds for play that can be easily disinfected after use.
- Our covered rear patio has been converted to an outdoor Montessori classroom to maximize the opportunity to have academic class groupings outdoors.
- Our students have minimal transitions during the day. They do not need to change teachers and classrooms or move from room to room for different subjects. Montessori teachers are specially trained to bring music, reading, art, geography, and math into the classroom every day!
PMDS is a private school . . . we control exactly whom we allow into the building. We are MSDE licensed and accredited, but we are not bound by the kinds of procedural regulations, size-of-scale difficulties, or union difficulties that public schools – or even charter schools – labor under. Our school has always been very conservative about our health policies and has continually exceeded what the health department recommended in regards to cleanliness and sanitization. We have a very controlled entrance and exit policy, and our outside traffic has always been minimal and monitored closely. Our school community is close knit and small in comparison to other public and private school communities. Our smaller size also affords us the flexibility and ability to adopt new policies and procedures quickly, shaped by the latest guidance and mandates from the CDC, OCC, and MDOH and understanding of our own unique school environment. A full copy of our complete COVID Policies and Procedures are available to our parents and those enrolling.
PMDS is committed, as always, in providing a safe AND joyful learning environment. We are confident we will continue to be one of the safest school environments available to children.
If you’re a parent interested in touring our school or enrolling your child at Primary Montessori, we have limited spaces available. Schedule a private tour Monday-Friday at 10:00 a.m. using our easy online form.