As a parent, you have the unique opportunity to play a valuable, impactful role in the education of your child. In our experience, Montessori parents care deeply about their son or daughter’s academic, social, and emotional growth. That’s why a Montessori education is so appealing to parents. We have a lot to contribute to your child’s future success — and we want our parents to be just as much a part of their child’s journey as the child himself or herself is.
Here at Primary Montessori Day School, we love our parents — and we want parents to be involved, connected, and aware of everything we do to foster their child’s growth and education. To us, the classroom isn’t meant to be a place where parents are left out. Rather, it’s a place where our students can become part of a larger world, and that means parents can and should be a part of all we do.
Wondering what that looks like in practice? No problem — here’s a deeper look at how Primary Montessori Day School keeps parents up-to-date, informed, and involved in their child’s education.
It’s great when parents are connected to what’s happening in their child’s education. One way to stay on top of the latest developments and know how your child is progressing is through parent-teacher meetings. Come prepared to ask questions, and don’t be afraid to request suggestions for how to bring Montessori home to your daily interactions with your son or daughter.
The Parent’s Montessori Journey Experience
An immersive way we invite you, as a parent, into the Primary Montessori experience is through a special event — “The Montessori Parent Journey.” During this interactive time, parents of enrolled students get the opportunity to:
- Visit our various classroom environments
- Ask questions
- See for themselves what their children do by working with the full spectrum of our Montessori materials
There’s no better way for you to discover how Montessori benefits your child than this firsthand experience in the classroom with the educational tools your child is using. And you’ll be better equipped to talk with your son or daughter about their day at school and help them with their daily learning.
At Primary Montessori, we want you to be as informed as possible. For that reason, we stay in touch with all our parents through a monthly newsletter. Reading it is a perfect way to keep up-to-date with what’s happening in the classrooms daily. In it, you’ll find information such as:
- Cultural activities that acknowledge holidays and history celebrations
- Updates on what pre-school and primary school classes have been studying
- Reviews of recent past activities such as game nights
- Upcoming events and dates so you can plan ahead and participate
- Registration reminders and other administrative details to keep you on top of your child’s education
Website Calendar and Other Online Resources
Parents can always find a list of upcoming events through our online calendar. You’ll know what’s happening—from parent-teacher brunches and staff professional development to “Crazy Hair Day” for students, graduation ceremonies, and school holidays.
And of course, we have a host of other useful resources you can access online at your convenience, such as:
- Our FAQs, featuring answers to the most commonly asked questions we get from parents
- Our school policies, with downloadable files informing you about how we celebrate birthdays, our dress code, and what we do during inclement weather
- Our “blog” with articles that inform you on ways to make the most of your child’s Primary Montessori education
- A look at our curriculum, school programs, summer camp, before and after school activities — and much more
My Hot Lunchbox Service
Montessori parents know that a good education involves more than academics. It matters what your child eats, and many parents love the idea of adding variety to their child’s diet — as well as convenience for the whole family — by taking advantage of My Hot Lunchbox. This service enables parents to order lunches from local restaurants that your child enjoys. Dishes are completely peanut free, and menu options normally include a vegetarian, gluten-free, and dairy-free option daily, with portion sizes appropriate for your child.
FACTS Tuition Payment System
To make it easier for our parents to manage the administrative details of their child’s education, we offer our FACTS system to you. Through it, you can:
- Set up a tuition payment plan
- Make payments online
- Find out your eligibility for financial aid options
An Educational Journey for the Whole Family
At Primary Montessori Day School, we believe your child’s education is something every member of the family can be a part of. For parents especially, it’s valuable and fulfilling to connect to your child over their accomplishments in our classes. To learn more about why parents love us so much, read what parents have to say about our school.
See for yourself the positive difference we make in a child’s educational journey. Schedule a tour to visit our school and connect with our staff.